Probably the most famous church tower of South Tyrol projects from Lake Resia, an artificial reservoir located in the western portion of the Italian province of Bolzano-Bozen, near the Resia Pass and 2 km from the Austrian border. Up to the year 1950, there were three lakes in this area: Lago di Resia, “Mittersee” and Lago della Muta. In 1950, however, when the reservoir was dammed, the village of Curon was flooded and destroyed. The only remnant of old Curon is the 14th-century church tower, which still rises out of the waters. In winter, when the lake freezes, the campanile is reachable by foot. Lake Resia is also famous for the strong winds blowing from the north: flying the multicopter in the winter chilly wind has been quite risky.
Be First to Comment